Sunday, September 7, 2008

Breaking yolks and tranquility through frustration


First thought: MMMM egg, scrambled with cheese.
Second thought: Pysanky? (this is dying an egg while adding wax in appropriate spots in between dyes)
I started by drilling a hole in both ends and blowing air through one hole to push the insides through the bottom. Too much pressure resulted in a good sized crack but the egg was still intact as a whole. Perhaps if I were to poor a bit of glue inside it will hold together. It held but the glue seeped from the crack and proved to prevent dying only where the glue was.
Third thought: Paint it.
I continued on and spray painted a blue layer over the entire egg. I then took a small brush and painted the black lines over the entire egg. The design is inspired by a wall in my house that I did the the same with. Anyway, I decided it could use some clear coat. While the clear coat was drying it rolled off the bench and onto the garage floor into two pieces. I pored a bit of glue (thicker this time) into one part and pieced it together then touched up the paint and finished the clear coat. I then took a picture of thus completing my new media commitments.

On the same thought of eggs, I have this magnet on my fridge, Edith the egg lady from Pink Flamingos.






No comments: