Tuesday, October 14, 2008

2 1/2 Hours of Ignorance

So I recently started a job at IN.gov doing web maintenance from 9-1 on Mondays and 9-5 Tues through Fri. I am also delivering pizzas from 10-5 Sat and Sun (for now). In addition to this I have an Advanced Sound class and a Visual Basics class (I recommend the VB.NET class for anyone needing a CS class as it is fairly "basic"). Anyway my point is that I thought I lost any way of having a continuous 2.5 hours to spend doing as I like. Then I found out I had Columbus Day off work (IN.gov) so after church on Sunday night I came home and decided to catch up on some of my favorite television programs thanks to HULU. These shows included an episode of The Office, a couple episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and a couple episodes of Trailer Park Boys. Did this inspire any creativity? Not really. But it did give me much relaxation and these shows are always good for a laugh. I do think that all three shows are very well written (except for the first several seasons of The Office which were total rip offs of the British version). I also have a tendency to feed off other people's creativity (feed, not steal). Shows like this also keep me from taking things too seriously, like stress from school or work. Anyway, I was able to feed off other's creativity while doing this assignment but other than that I really appreciate the opportunity to complete an assignemnt by fat*ssing my poor neglegted couch.

No comments: