Sunday, October 19, 2008

New media parades and pants canons

I was quietly sitting outside minding my own business when it happened, for some inexplicable reason, around the corner of West and Michigan came what appeared a pirate ship. As I saw it coming I could see other objects following, an elephant, unclothed something or anothers, what looked like a green screen of giant cats destroying the city. As the pirate came further down he street I saw a glimpse of something shiny spit forth from it's hand. I was only able to make out the words "Adobe" and "Suite" scribbled in black sharpie on a burnt DVD before it shattered against the wall behind me. Then that was when it happened, I saw people walking around with what appeared to be canons before I lost consciousness. When I awoke I found myself lying on the sidewalk with a pair of keyboard pants covering my face. Was this all a dream? No. Apparently it was the "New Media Parade", whatever "New Media" is.
Honestly my only contribution to this idea was a car with a theremin antenna, but apparently no one knew what a theremin was and no one seemed interested in learning. So... someone came up with the idea of a petting zoo and I was quick with the suggestion of a holographic petting zoo.
On my own brainstorming, I couldn't help but remember when Heron was over in the old building and they would have outdoor installations. I specifically remember an art car exhibit when there were about a half dozen or so cars in the front yard decorated by students. I always enjoyed seeing stuff like that and I think there should be more of it on campus. Perhaps a New Media art installation of a holographic petting zoo in front of the IT building.
Behold the Theremin

1 comment:

ninjakitty said...

hahah I love the way you described the parade in your post like you were in it and how it would seem if it were happening. I was really tired that day so if I looked like "huh, wha?" in a stupor, that was probably my expression all day long lol :)
that was fun to read nonetheless, I can imagine the barrage it would have on people should it ever come to fruition.