Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Now... random thoughts on sight

Sight or hearing are my two favorite senses. Could I live without them? Sure. But I prefer not. I live in the middle of nowhere and I can't think of living in the city, I tried it, didn't care much for it. I would miss seeing the sun cut through the trees or corn in the evening, to see deer walking past my bedroom window, to see unmolested snow in the wilderness from my warm kitchen, to see my two cats cuddling in a sunny spot on my deck, and to see my girlfriend smile at me. I find myself fortunate that God has given me the gift to see these things and if he ever sees it fit to take them away I will always have my memories, for this I give thanks.
Here's a video I shot while driving around where I live, I pass my driveway at 36 seconds.

1 comment:

j.nick said...

Ya know, you're alright. I would give thanks too and I wouldn't be that upset about it (initially sure but just the shock). And city living isn't that bad. I miss the country air a lot but I do not miss the commute and gas prices. I wouldn't live in a city forever but I am lucky enough to have a lot of trees where I live and I still get the golden hour at dusk and dawn. Thank goodness.